What should you do after an accident?
A pedestrian was struck by a car Monday evening in Boca Raton. Rescue workers arrived and found a woman lying on the ground where she was struck by at least one vehicle. She was brought to a local trauma center, and her condition is unknown.
The investigation is underway and there are no other reports at this time.
Roughly 400,000 accidents happen every year, and many of these accidents are a result of distracted drivers. The chances of you being a victim of an accident and sustaining injuries are unfortunately quite high. Reports show half the annual accidents result in an injury to either the driver, passenger, 3rd party, or all the above. Accidents happen in a split second and can change your life forever.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries from an accident in Florida due to negligence from another driver, you could be entitled to compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering. It is essential to know your rights, and our personal injury lawyers at Advocates USA will help you hold the negligent party accountable.
Our South Florida accident attorneys understand the complications that arise when you or a family member has been injured and how quick life can change. We want to help lift that financial burden. Innocent victims, pedestrians, drivers, or passengers should not have to fight the battle alone. You could be entitled to compensation, and Advocates USA want to fight for your justice.
The state of Florida has put laws in place to help reduce the number of accidents that occur each year. And one of the most significant bills to help reduce accidents is penalizing drivers who are caught using their mobile device. A large percentage of accidents are caused by distracted drivers. They are drivers who are texting, answering phone calls, changing their music, or talking on their phone. Lawmakers and law enforcement are trying to get a bill passed that makes texting and driving a primary offense.
- Call the police immediately after the accident, regardless of how big or small. Car accidents in Palm Beach Florida need to be documented, and the police officer can determine you were not to blame for the accident.
- Take photos and videos of the accident scene as long as you are free of serious injuries. Take pictures from all angles and view points, such as stoplight, intersection, skid marks or any possible obstructions
- Get medical treatment immediately following an accident even if you feel OK. Effects of injuries may begin to appear days or even weeks following an accident. If you visit the doctor, an explain the accident, most professionals know what kind of injuries to look for. If you don’t visit the doctors right away, insurance companies will use the delay in treatment against you to devalue your claim. Regardless, your PIP insurance will cover 80% of your medical bills up to $10,000.
- If injuries arise after the accident, be sure to report any change in your symptoms or body immediately to your doctor. It is quite common for injuries to develop after the adrenaline has worn off, and inflammation begins. One body part may heal, and another begins to be painful. Report the changes you are experiencing.
- After an accident, don’t be alarmed if your primary care doctor refers you to a different doctor. There are some doctors who specialize in injuries pertaining to accidents.
- Call personal injury lawyers at Advocates USA immediately. We know your rights, and so should you.
We are dedicated to fighting for the rights of the injured and helping victims recover compensation. Although your life may never be the same, at least you and your family can have financial comfort knowing you can pay your bills.
Contact South Florida personal injury attorneys at Advocates USA if you or a loved one has been injured in an accident due to a negligent driver. You don’t have to fight this burden alone. Contact us today at 1-800-872-4878 or fill out a contact form for a free evaluation.
You don’t pay unless we win your case or agree on a settlement. We are standing by to assist you. Advocates USA are lawyers for the injured!