Do I need a lawyer after a car accident?
For decades, Advocates USA has helped many victims recover compensation for their personal injuries after a car accident caused by someone else’s negligent actions. We know the detrimental impact accidents cause not only physically but the financial struggles that follow. Imagine you are out of work, your medical bills are mounting up, and wondering how you will pay for your daily living expenses for you or your family.
Does this resonate with you? If you find yourself in this situation and don’t know where to turn, it is in your best interest to consult with a car accident attorney at Advocates USA in Florida. You may be entitled to compensation, and we know the right avenues to pursue personal injury claims. Contact our car accident lawyers at Advocates USA at 1-800-872-4878.
What to do after a car accident in Florida
After an accident, your adrenaline is pumping, and thinking is nearly impossible. Our personal injury attorneys at Advocates USA has compiled a list of actions to take in a minor car accident in case you find yourself in an unfortunate circumstance:
- Do not leave the scene of the accident
- Ensure your immediate surrounding is safe, check for injuries and seek medical help
- Never admit fault
- Report the Florida car accident to the police
- Exchange your contact information with the other driver such as VIN, license plate number, drivers license number, phone number, full name
- If there are spectators, asks witnesses for their contact information
- Take photos of the vehicles, skid marks, or any other images you deem necessary
- Contact your insurance provider
- Stay off social media; we can’t stress this enough
- Seek legal representation
When should I hire a car accident lawyer?
The answer is simple and straightforward. If you were involved in an accident and suffered injuries, you need to contact a personal injury lawyer right away. After your accident, the insurance companies and their team of lawyers and adjusters will promptly begin evaluating your injury claim. Because of this reason, if you are injured after a collision, you need to contact a car accident attorney right away to ensure no detail is missed and your legal rights are protected.
Fighting a personal injury claim by yourself will only land you with a low ball settlement, if anything at all. Insurance adjusters know how to play the game and will offer you an unfair settlement or deny the claim. You are at their mercy. If you do this, you could potentially leave thousands of thousands of dollars on the table. Studies show if you hire legal counsel after your accident, your compensation is three times the amount than if you argued your injury claim yourself. It is worth it. Let us fight the bully insurance companies while you focus on healing. Call our lawyers today at 1-800-872-4878 for a free case evaluation.
Questions to ask before hiring a personal injury lawyer
After suffering injuries in a car accident due to no fault of your own, you can’t hire the first lawyer you see. Not all lawyers can be treated the same. Some personal injury attorneys have expertise in some accidents over others. For example, one attorney may only focus on car accident cases while another attorney focuses on work accidents. While these accidents fall under the umbrella of personal injury accidents and the attorneys know the governing laws, it is best to find an attorney with years of experience in your type of accident. Where to begin your search? Google is a great resource and the perfect place to start.
- What areas of law do you have experience with and what area to you specialize?
- Have you handled a case like mine before, and what was the outcome?
- How many cases do you have right now?
- How long do you expect it to take to resolve my case?
- Do you have experience in the courtroom?
- What’s your success rate?
- Do you have experience going against the insurance companies?
- How often can I expect to receive updates?
- If I have questions regarding my case, can I contact you directly?
Additionally, do you feel the communication flows, use your gut, is the attorney listening to your needs and concerns, and, lastly, do you have confidence in what he or she is telling you? By asking these questions and using the above methods, you can improve your odds of finding an attorney specializing in your exact needs.
Types of damages awarded in a personal injury case?
With decades of experience, we have seen it all and understand the struggles and financial burden such accidents cause. If you were injured caused by someone else’s negligent actions, you should be compensated for your injuries. Our goal at Advocates USA is to get you the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Below are the compensatory damages you could be awarded for your car accident injuries:
• Lost wages
• Loss of future earning capacity
• Medical expenses, including future expenses
• Post disability payments if there is a case of permanent injury
• Loss of consortium
• Loss of enjoyment of life
• Loss of opportunity
• Pain and suffering
• Emotional suffering
After an auto accident, talking to a lawyer, especially if your injuries are severe, is probably one of the most important decisions you will face. Having a superb attorney by your side can make a difference between thousands and thousands of dollars and whether you can hire adequate medical assistance. Not all accident attorneys are the same; you need an aggressive lawyer, one who will listen and one who has years of experience fighting for victims’ rights.
Contact Our West Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyers Today
If you have been injured in a car accident in Florida, contact car accident attorneys today for a free case evaluation. Contact us by phone at 1-800-872-4878, by visiting our office at 939 Belvedere Rd, West Palm Beach, Florida, or filling out our contact form. Serving the state of Florida, we are available seven days a week, 24 hours a day.