Free consultation 24 hours a day 7 days a week!

Can you sue after a Florida car accident if you are not injured?​

Can I Sue After A Car Accident In Florida If I am Not Hurt?

If you were involved in a Florida auto accident, you could sue the negligent party even if you are not injured. Suppose the wreck was not severe, and you did not suffer from bodily injury. In that case, you may be able to file a car accident claim to recover compensation for property damage, other related expenses, and treatment for emotional distress. Since Florida is a no-fault state, you first need to file a claim with your personal insurance company regardless who was at-fault.  If your damages exceeds the insurance payout you are then eligible to file a claim against the negligent party.

Property damage crashes can be pretty expensive, especially if the insurance company denies your claim to have your vehicle fixed, replaced, and pay for the other expenses that follow.  If you find yourself in this situation, you need to prove the other driver is responsible for the accident that caused damage to your vehicle. Contact our Florida personal injury attorneys at Advocates USA for a free case evaluation so we can help you determine if you can file a property damage lawsuit. Call us today at 1-800-872-4878.

Property damage claims in Florida car accidents

If your vehicle was damaged after a car accident caused by someone else, filing a property damage claim with the negligent party’s insurance company will allow you to recover compensation for the damage involved.  In car accidents that result in property damage only typically do not escalate to lawsuits because your personal insurance covers the cost. However, if the estimate to fix or replace your vehicle exceeds what the insurance company is willing to pay out, a lawsuit may be your only option.

Building your property damage claim

To file a property damage claim, you need to show the other party is negligent by proving three things:

  1. The other driver’s actions caused your property damage. For example, if you were rear-ended because the driver was following too close.
  2. The other driver failed to exercise a reasonable standard of care leading up to the accident. For example, if the other driver was texting while driving, which caused him to rear-end you.
  3. You need to prove tangible financial losses.

Building your claim begins at the scene of the car crash.  Immediately following an accident, you need to ensure the police filed an accident report.  This report can be critical for proving property damage.   Additionally, you should collect as much evidence on your own such as photos and videos of the crash site, repair bills, and witness statements.

Property damage for car accident claims might include:

  • Vehicle repair cost
  • Rental car cost while your vehicle is in the repair shop
  • Cost of using public transportation if you don’t use a rental car
  • The fair market value of the car if it is a complete loss
  • Replacement value of upgrades you made such as wheels, leather seats, stereo, etc.
  • Electronic devices

                  -mobile phones


                 -tablet or iPad

  • Sunglasses and prescription glasses
  • Jewelry
  • Car seats and booster seats

You can file a property damage claim for any personal items that were damaged or lost at the time of the crash.  Even if you just bought groceries and on your way home, you crashed.   Save your receipts and bills to show proof of your losses.  Our car accident attorneys at Advocates USA will help you get back every penny that you lost.  Call us today at 1-800-872-4878.

Should I hire a lawyer if I didn’t suffer injuries after my car accident?

Hiring a car accident attorney is not crucial in property damage cases; however, it can always be beneficial.   Attorneys know how to argue accident claims with the opposing insurance companies to recover the maximum possible compensation.  We reduce your burden by gathering evidence, evaluating your damages, building a property damage claim, negotiate with the insurance company, and take your case to trial if we can not agree on fair compensation.

Even if you were not physically injured in a car accident, dealing with the stress, the bully insurance company, the time commitment,  and the financial losses while trying to maintain an everyday life for your family and work can be troubling.  Let our car accident lawyers handle your property damage claim for you.

How much is my car accident claim worth if I wasn’t injured?

The amount you receive for your car accident claim is based on the sum of the accident-related expenses.  Additionally, you could receive compensation if you are suffering from emotional trauma.  After car accidents, it isn’t unheard of for victims to suffer from PTSD or experience recurring nightmares.  You could recover compensation for the costs associated with treatment and therapy. 

Contact Advocates USA today.

Even if you do not suffer from physical injuries, you have a right to filing a car accident claim to recover compensation for your property damage and emotional trauma.  To get started, contact our Florida accident attorneys at Advocates USA to help you recover your losses. We represent victims, like you, all over Florida state.  Call us today for a free case evaluation by dialing 1-800-872-4878.


Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

Everything you need to know about hiring A personal Injury attorney

Scarlett Estevez

I was referred to this office by a friend of mine who had her case handle by attorney, Marcos Gonzalez. I was very pleased with Mr. Gonzalez and his staff. Everyone is very nice and I got a great outcome on my settlement. I Would recommend this firm to anyone looking for a PI or Workers’ compensation attorney. Thank you guys! Keep up the good work. Scarlett Estevez

Vanessa Orozco

Excellent friendly office!!! Had an amazing experience everyone was super helpful and they worked their tails off to get me max dollar for my case .. Marcos Gonzalez amazing person hire him you won’t regret it !!!!

Vanessa Orozco